Last updated on January 26th. 2017
Hello from NZB!
NZB is a social application designed to help you keep your mobile phone balance positive with the help of your contacts.
Scope and consent
By using NZB, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this Agreement. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information.
Type of Information We Collect/Receive and Why
We collect information required to be able to offer you a proper experience NZB is designed for. The details are below:
When you first install NZB on your device, you are signed up with NZB and as part of this initial signup, you will be asked to allow us access to your address book. If you consent, we will have access to contact information in your address book (names, numbers, emails, but not notes or other personally identifiable information) and we will store it on our servers so we can connect you to your contacts. When you join NZB, the contacts in your address book that are already NZB members may be informed that you have joined too. This access is necessary for NZB to function.
We collect and store certain profile information including your name, phone number, email address, country of residence and preferences.
SMS & Making phone calls
For NZB to access your mobile phone balance and operator services you will be asked to allow us access to SMS and to make phone calls. This information will allow NZB to display your mobile balance to you.
We may collect and store information about your usage of and interaction with NZB, such as how often you launch NZB and how much money you spend on topping up, device and connection information (such as a device advertising identifier or MAC address), IP address, device capability, bandwidth, web browser software, referring website, statistics on page views, network type and traffic to and from our website.
Error Reporting Information
We also collect error-reporting information if the Service crashes or hangs up so that we can investigate the error and improve the stability of the Service for future releases. In general these reports do not contain personally identifiable information, or only incidentally. As part of these error reports, we receive information about the type and version of your device and browser, the device identifier, the time the error occurred, the feature being used and the state of the application when the error occurred. We do not use this information for any purpose other than investigating and remedying the error.
For NZB to read your mobile phone balance you will be asked to allow us to turn on accessibility services. This information will allow NZB to read and use your mobile operator balance messages.
We may request access to your current location – provided by your mobile device using GPS or similar technologies – so that we can provide content that is more suitable to your location. For example, we may use information about the location of your device for certain features or share information about the location of your device with advertisers to tailor the advertising you see to your interests or present you with offers from the businesses around you. You are free to accept or block access to your location information. You can switch off access to your location at any time through your device settings.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Third-Party Advertisements and Analytics
Consistent with your permission, third parties, including advertisers, may collect information, potentially including personal information, about your activities over time and across different websites when you use our sites or apps. Those third parties may also provide us with data collection, reporting, ad-response measurement, analytical information, and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements.
When you allow your contacts to receive your balance notifications, they will be notified each time your balance drops below the threshold you have set. You will not be able to see your contact’s balance unless they have explicitly agreed to send you their balance notifications.
How We Use Information
In addition to using your information to provide you with the Services that you request, we use or may disclose your personally identifiable information as follows:
- To connect you with your NZB contacts or to invite your contacts to NZB;
- To notify other NZB users of your balance in accordance with your account settings;
- To read your balance from mobile operator;
- To provide you with balance reports within NZB or by email;
- To keep your list of NZB contacts up to date – for example, when new users join NZB;
- To contact you via email for the purpose of informing you about new products, services or promotions offered by NZB (you can opt-out of such emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link);
- To display your phone number to other users you are connected with on NZB;
- To manage your account, deliver to you any administrative notices, updates, notifications, alerts and communications relevant to your use of NZB;
- To allow your use of certain promotions and features that may be offered from time to time;
- For customer service, security, fraud-detection;
- To help us develop our new services and improve our existing services;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting problems, data analysis, testing, research, improvements to the Service, detecting and protecting against error, fraud or other illegal activity;
- When we believe it is appropriate to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities;
- To provide you with advertising that is more relevant to you;
- To allow you to participate in voluntary surveys about NZB and the service it provides. If you choose to participate in a survey, we may request certain Personal Information from you. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys; we will prohibit them from using your Personal Information for any purpose other than to complete the survey.
With Whom We Share Your Information
In certain instances, NZB may have contracts with third parties to provide NZB with products and/or services in connection with the Service. In those cases, NZB may share your personally identifiable information with these third-party service providers, or authorize them to collect information on its behalf, but only in connection with providing the services to you or NZB. For example, these third party service providers include:
Third party SMS and email providers who deliver the authentication SMS or email to you when you register with the Service and with whom NZB shares your phone number or email.
Third party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, such as notification engine, business analytics, customer service, information and payments, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention.
These third parties include business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be offered on our Service. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service that you have requested because their name will appear, either alone or with ours.
We also may share your information with third parties for legal reasons:
- In response to facially valid subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal processes when we have a good faith belief that the law, any legal process, law enforcement, national security or issue of public importance requires disclosure;
- To resolve disputes, trouble shoot problems, protect and defend our rights or property (including to enforce our Terms of Service and other agreements) or the safety of NZB, the Service, or that of our customers or others;
- To establish or exercise our legal rights, or as otherwise required by law;
- In connection with a corporate transaction involving NZB or the Service, such as the purchase or sale of a business unit, an acquisition, merger, sale of assets, corporate reorganization, liquidation, or other similar event.
Display of Tailored Advertising
We allow third parties with whom we have a separate agreement to use certain technologies to collect information about your device and the placement, views, and clicks of their advertisements, so that they can better serve interest-based advertisements to our users and visitors. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on the Service; (2) attribution partners who help us measure effectiveness of certain advertisements; and (3) advertising networks, which collect information about your browser or device and your interests when you view or interact with one of their advertisements. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your interests or preferences so that they can display advertisements on the Service and on other sites across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
If you would like to opt out of receiving tailored advertising you can do so from the settings page inside NZB.
You can always control what information you choose to share with NZB. To do so, you can change your settings on your mobile device. Alternatively, you can remove NZB from your mobile device entirely.
You can remove your data anytime you want by sending a request to NZB at email. Your data will no longer be available to your NZB contacts. If you ask us to delete your account, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove your data from our servers, however certain information may be retained in our back-up or archival systems. Please note that, after your account is closed, we may retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as for record keeping integrity. NZB is not responsible for any use or misuse of your information that might result from your disclosure of information.
Protecting user privacy and personally identifiable information is a top priority for NZB. We make substantial efforts to ensure the privacy and security of all personally identifiable information you provide to us. Access to all personally identifiable information is restricted to those individuals who need to know that information in order to provide, operate, develop, maintain, support or improve the Service. (NZB) uses password protection, access logs, and system monitoring to safeguard the confidentiality and security of all member information.
However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet and related technology, we do not guarantee the protection of information under our control or in transit against loss, misuse, or alteration.
The Service is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13) and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Service. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personally identifiable information from a user under the age of thirteen as part of the Service, we will delete such information from our records. If we change our practices in the future, we will obtain prior, verifiable parental consent before collecting any personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen as part of the Service.
Notification of Changes
Acquisitions, Mergers, and Bankruptcy
CY.TALK SWITZERLAND S.A.
No Zero Balance
7, Place du Rondeau